MidSummer Pond Fish Update

All of my pond fish are doing GREAT! Something about the fish being outside under the sun with all of the wind, rain, bugs and birds is really doing right by them!

I have added some plastic, floating plants to act as cover for the fish from large birds. I'm trying to get some pond plants established with no luck. My fish have big appetites and they quickly eat up any plants that I add into their pond.

I will be getting a few black moor goldfish before the end of July. Now that I have discovered a perfect way to heal sick goldfish from a pet store. I have decided to give my dream at having large, healthy pond fish another try. I'm referring to my method where I buy a group of fish and add them into a healthy, established and fishless pond. The pond should have sat empty for a few days with pond snails, ostracods and filter floss. The water will turn slightly green from algae and mosquito larvae will begin to show up.

At this point I will add my new group of store bought fish into the pond. It isn't a problem for me that these fish have been exposed to many parasites, fungus and bacteria when they were at the fish store. Before the day is done the fish have usually consumed all of the mosquito larvae and any bloodworms at the bottom of the pond. By the next day the fish are looking like a million bucks! Even though fish from a fishstore are usually always diseased and sickly this new method of mine has given me a 100% pond fish survival rate! It's awesome!

I sure do love my healthy pond fish. I visit them at least once a day. They are starting to get really friendly like little, golden puppy dogs (that live under water).

Until Next Time,


SunnyStars

No comments:

Post a Comment